By now you’ve probably seen the post below from Hardywood.
While some of you may still be going through the stages of grief, here’s the good news: there is still Bourbon GBS to be had. Now is a time to be thankful for the little things. Hardywood was able to save about 18 barrels worth of the beer; that is over 4500 pints.
How will these 18 barrels be divided up, you ask? I can’t say exactly but here is what I do know:
- A very limited quantity of bottles will be sold starting at 1PM Saturday. Bottles will only at the brewery so Hardywood can hope to recover some of the loss. When I stopped by Thursday, there was a palette bottled with more to be packaged. Bottles will be limited to 2 per person. So get there early if you absolute have to have a bottle.
- Some kegs will make it to the market. So if you’ve seen an event planning to have Bourbon GBS, I’d expect that they will still have it but probably at a lesser quantity than planned.
Here are some events where you’ll find BB GBS at:
- Mekong — Sat Dec 7th 5pm — cask conditioned pin of Bourbon GBS
- Capital Ale House — All Richmond locations — Mon Dec 9th 5pm
- Toast — Tues Dec 10th — draft and a pin
- Buz & Neds (W Broad) — Thurs Dec 12th — draft
- Cask Cafe — Sun Dec 15th — cask conditioned pin
- American Tap Room — Hardywood Brewer’s Dinner — Tues Dec 17th 6pm
- The Bucket Trade — Weds Dec 18th — draft
This is not all the places who will get a keg but it will get you started. I’ll update when I have more tapping times.