Head over to Brew in Chesterfield tomorrow Wednesday, September 17th as they host The Bruery CFO Carl Katz as their guest for a tap takeover featuring two beers making their Virginia debut. Brew will also tap some Bruery beers they have been holding in their cellar for just such an event.
There will be a charity raffle for several special Bruery bottles to benefit Liam’s Lighthouse Foundation fight against Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (HLH), a life-threatening immunodeficiency. Raffle tickets are $5 each; the drawings will be held at 7pm for these rare bottles.
Here are the beers to be tapped at 6pm:
- Melange #3 – a blend of Sucre, White Oak Sap, and Black Tuesday — VA debut
- Atomic Kangarue – a sour blonde ale brewed with Semillon and Viognier grapes and dry-hopped with Amarillo hops — VA debut
- Sour in the Rye – an American Wild Ale brewed with a substantial amount of rye malt and soured in red wine barrels
- Oude Tart – a Flemish Red ale aged in red wine barrels for 18 months
- Tart of Darkness – a soured low alcohol stout aged in second use barrels from Black Tuesday (their Imperial Stout aged over a year in bourbon barrels)
- Smoking Wood – an imperial porter brewed with a good amount of smoked malt and then barrel aged
- Sucre – an old ale made for their anniversary brewed using the Solera Method so every batch continues with a piece of the previous batch
- Hottenroth – a low alcohol, tart, German-style wheat ale. Brew will have a couple of house-made syrups to show the German tradition of serving this style with a flavored syrup.
- Mischief – a Belgian-style golden ale with strong American hops over top of the spicy, fruity yeast strain powering the flavor
- Autumn Maple – a big fall seasonal made with yams, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, vanilla, molasses, and maple syrup
Although Wednesday is Brew’s growler fill special day, there will be no fills of these beers for the evening. Head over to the Facebook event for more information and updates. Maybe I’ll see you there.
6525 Centralia Rd
Chesterfield, VA 23832