Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a life-threatening genetic disease that primarily affects the lungs and digestive system. An estimated 30,000 children and adults in the United States (70,000 worldwide) have CF.
In people with CF, a defective gene and its protein product cause the body to produce unusually thick, sticky mucus that:
- Clogs the lungs and leads to life-threatening lung infections.
- Obstructs the pancreas and stops natural enzymes from helping the body break down food and absorb vital nutrients
As part of their fundraising efforts to aid in the search for a cure, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s Virginia Chapter will host the second annual Brewer’s Ball tomorrow Thursday June 18th at 6:30pm, to celebrate Richmond’s finest young professionals who have spent months raising money for the foundation. This year Triple Crossing’s Scott Jones is among the honorees for the event. Once again, the Virginia War Memorial will serve as a the backdrop for an fun evening enjoying the best of Richmond while raising money for a great cause.
Tickets for the event are $75/person ($45 tax deductible) and includes all food and drink and can be purchased here.
Pick up your collector’s glass and enjoy beers from ten Richmond (or at least soon to be) breweries plus Bold Rock Cider for the night:
- Ardent Craft Ales – Pale Ale 5.8% ABV
- Bold Rock – Cider 4.7% ABV
- Center of the Universe – Chin Music. Amber Lager 4.5% ABV
- Hardywood – Pilsner 5.2% ABV
- Isley – The Bribe. Oatmeal Porter 6.6% ABV
- Legend – Strong Arm. Wee Heavy Scotch Ale 8.4% ABV
- Lickinghole Creek – Till Sunset. Session IPA 4.7% ABV
- Midnight – Head first. Pale Ale 6.5% ABV
- Stone – Ruination 2.0 & Delicious IPA
- Strangeways – Woodbooger. Belgian style brown ale 6% ABV
- Triple Crossing – Falcon Smash. IPA 7.5% ABV
While you sample away, try some goodies from the fine folks from:
- Candy Valley Cake Co.
- Dutch & Co.
- Fat Dragon
- Foo Dog
- Savory Grain
- The Dog & Pig Show
- Very Richmond Indeed
- WPA Bakery
Head over to the event’s Facebook page for more information and updates.