Sweet Potato & Sage Saison and The Common are two beers I’ve been eagerly waiting for from Ardent Craft Ales. Go try some tonight.
Lickinghole Creek has a busy weekend planned for their one year anniversary starting tonight Friday September 26th starting at 4pm. First off, as we speak, they are making their first canning run of Til Sunset Session IPA.
Next up will be the release of their Gentleman Farmer Fresh Hop Ale.
Here is the list of beers to be tapped throughout the weekend:
Bourbon Barrel Three Chopt Tripel
Pony Pasture Pilsner
Nucelar Nugget Imperial Honey IPA
Estate Series Gentleman Farmer Fresh Hop Ale
Estate Series Rosemary Saison
There will also be a special pin of Berry Virginia Black Bear tapped Saturday. It’s their Russian Imperial Stout aged on a mix of fresh blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. Virginia Black Bear is the base beer for Enlightened Despot.
Experience the urban legend of the Bunny Man tonight as Legend Brewing teams up with Lost Rhino to present the latest in the Urban Legend series “RIP Ale,” a Red IPA at Station 2 tonight Thursday September 25th at 5pm.
Urban Legend Story: Incidents dating back to the early 1900s suggest a man wearing a white bunny suit with long floppy ears terrorized innocent Northern Virginians. In one such instance, a man and his fiancé were foolhardily parked alone and became startled by a knocking outside their window. Moments later, their front windshield was smashed with a weighty axe, and through the specks of shattered glass, they saw a man dressed head to toe in a bunny costume. Again, the Bunny Man was identified intimidating Fairfax County residents—he bludgeoned possessions with an axe and induced fear in the community with his savage behavior….
Description of Style: Legend Brewing Co, in collaboration with Favio Garcia (Brewmaster, Lost Rhino), shed light on this urban legend with the creation of the “RIP Ale,” a Red IPA. Specialty malts evoke a soft, drinkable profile, while Amarillo and Chinook hops add a tropical aroma and piney bitterness. If there’s a better boozy representation of a bunny suit wearing ax-murderer, we’ve yet to try it. Though the story is cryptic and one to keep you up at night, Legend Brewing Co. and Lost Rhino transforms the terror of the murderous Bunny Man into imbibing enjoyment.
If you missed Spin, Spit & Swear’s Cover to Cover performance of Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours at Hardywood, the Manchester Block Party rescheduled for tonight Thursday September 25th is giving you a second chance. The party starts at 4pm with the Cover to Cover band going on at 6.
Check out the Facebook event for more information and updates.
Once again it is time to celebrate International Talk Like A Pirate Day today Friday September 19th. Of course, Heavy Seas is up in the mix but this year they have raised the stakes by attempting to set the record for the largest simultaneous cask tapping in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Making its first debut outside of Heavy Seas’ taproom, the firkin to be tapped at several locations up and down the East Coast will be Loose Cannon IPA with grapefruit zest.
The Richmond area boasts two locations on the list: Hurley’s Tavern and Southern Railway Taphouse. Beyond the firkin tappings, you can expect many give-a-ways for including t-shirts, eye patches, stickers, temporary tattoos, and a backdrop for pictures.
Southern Railway will also have a live pirate show.
Head over to the Virginia ITLAPD Facebook event for more information and updates. The parties start at 5pm with cask tappings at 6pm.
Celebrate Midnight Brewery’s Bigger & Brighter Future At Their New Facility’s Grand Opening This Weekend
Make some time for this.
There is always a lot to look forward to when Oktoberfest season rolls around. Entering its tenth year, St Benedict Oktoberfest is possibly the most well attended Oktoberfest in the city. The festival starts Friday, September 19th at 4pm and runs all weekend.
There are so many great beers to choose from no matter which day you choose to go. Here is the complete beer list with the numbers to order by:
(1) Spaten-Franziskaner | Original Munchner Helles Lager
(2) Spaten-Franziskaner | Oktoberfest Marzen Lager
(3) Spaten-Franziskaner | Optimator Dopplebock Stark Bier
(4) Spaten-Franziskaner | Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse
(5) Sünner GmbH | Sünner Kölsch
(6) Apocalypse Ale Works | Barmegedon
(7) Center Of The Universe | Chin Music Amber Lager
(8) Center Of The Universe | Kölsch
(9) Center Of The Universe | Oktoberfest Marzen Lager
(10) Devils Backbone Brewing | O’Fest Marzen Lager
(11) Devils Backbone Brewing | Schwarzbier Black Lager
(12) Hardywood Park Craft Brewery | RVA IPA Fresh Local Hopped IPA
(13) Legend Brewing Company | Imperial Harvest Wet Hopped Ale
(14) Legend Brewing Company | Legend Octoberfest Marzen Lager
(15) Lickinghole Creek Craft Brewery | Creator Hopplebock Dopplebock
(16) Midnight Brewery | New Beginning Kölsch
(17) Starr Hill Brewing | The Love Hefeweizen
(18) Strangeways Brewing | Albino Monkey White Ale
(19) Sunken City Brewery | Sunktoberfest Marzen Lager
NATIONAL CRAFT BRANDS
(20) Heavy Seas | Cutlass Marzen Amber Lager
(21) Lazy Magnolia| Pecan Brown Ale
(22) Magic Hat Brewing | Over the Hills Pils
(23) Sly Fox Brewing | Oktoberfest Marzen
(24) Sly Fox Brewing | Pikeland Pils
(25) Sly Fox Brewing | Royal Weisse
(26) Southern Tier | Harvest Ale ESB
(27) Victory Brewying | Festbier Marzen
(28) Devils Backbone Brewing | Pumpkin Hunter Ale
(29) Lickinghole Creek Craft Brewery | Cellared Pumpkin Ain’t Easy Saison
(30) Starr Hill Brewing | Boxcarr Pumpkin Porter
(31) Heavy Seas | Greater Pumpkin Bourbon Barrel Pumpkin Ale
(32) Southern Tier | Pumking Imperial Pumpkin Ale
(33) Southern Tier | Warlock Imperial Pumpkin Stout
(34) Weyerbacher | Imperial Pumpkin Ale
(35) Bold Rock | Virginia Draft Cider
TASTE THE LOCAL (DAILY LIST)
(36a) Friday: Uberlin Berliner Weiss
(36b) Saturday: Brewing Placebo Pils
(36c) Sunday: Virginia Vulgarian Bourbon Bock
(37a) Friday: Liberty or Death Vanilla Porter
(37b) Saturday: Rochelle Rochelle Amber Ale
(37c) Sunday: Falcon Smash IPA
(38a) Friday: VA Dark Ale
(38b) Saturday: Marzen Lager
(38c) Sunday: Hellion Lager
Lickinghole Creek Craft Brewery
(39a) Friday: Nuclear Nugget Imperial IPA
(39b) Saturday: Bourbon Aged Three Chopt Triple
(39c) Sunday: Bourbon Aged Three Chopt Triple
Hardywood Park Craft Brewery
(40a) Friday: Ginger Bread Stout
(40b) Saturday: Dry Hopped Great Return IPA
(40c) Sunday: German Chocolate Imperial Stout
(41a)Friday: My Only Weiss
(41b)Saturday: Citra Ass Down IPA
(41c)Sunday: Double Deke Black IPA
(42a) Friday: Choosey Mother Peanut Butter Oatmeal Porter
(42b) Saturday: Blue Hefner Blueberry Hefe
(42c) Sunday: Tall Dark & Hopsome Black IPA
(43a) Friday: Bucktooth IPA
(43b) Saturday: Roys Big Bad Brown Ale
(43c) Sunday: Pale Ale
Ardent Craft Ales
(44a) Friday: Honey Ginger Ale
(44b) Saturday: Szechwan Peppercorn Saison
(44c) Sunday: IPA
Bold Rock Hard Cider
(45a) Friday: VA Apple Cider
(45b) Saturday: VA Apple Cider
(45c) Sunday: VA Apple Cider
SMALL BATCH JOCKEY BOXES
(46a) Victory Brewing | Victory Hop Ticket Noble IPA
(47a) Weyerbacher Brewing | Weyerbacher Heresy Imperial Bourbon Barrel Stout
(48a) Lazy Magnolia | Timber Beast Rye Double IPA*
(49a) Lazy Magnolia | Southern Hopspitality IPA*
(46b) Mendocino Brewing | Black IPA
(47b) Southern Tier Brewing | 2x Rye Strong Ale
(48b) Finch Beer Company | Chimera Double IPA*
(49b) Finch Beer Company | Secret Stach On Wood (AKA Sanchez Stout)*
(47c) Southern Tier Brewing | 2XOne Conditioned Imperial Pale
(48c) Iron Fist Brewing Iron Fist | Hired Hand Saison
(49c) Iron Fist Brewing Iron Fist | The Velvet Glove Imperial Stout
Check out the St Benedict’s Oktoberfest Facebook page for more information and updates.